Friday 11 May 2012

Glazing!




 We had a glorious week-end walking on Dartmoor. When I returned to the pottery on Tuesday I found that I had almost no clay. A very sorry state for a potter. It did mean that I had to settle down and do some very over due glazing. In fact the pottery was grid locked with work.
The pictures above are very poor pictures but they show some of the work out of the kiln this morning.
Natural history is becoming an important element in my work. We get a wonderful range of birds in our garden and I am beginning to think I need a much better camera to get pictures that |I can work from rather than using books.
Just to prove I was in Devon I am including two photos from a village we visited. Can anyone name the village? I thought these railings were very unusual. One of the walks included trekking up to 10 tors! So I returned quite exhausted. Anyway I have since made a trip to 'The Clay Cellar' and restocked with clay. Although I have enjoyed all the slab building it was great to get back on the wheel.


2 comments:

  1. Pots are looking great. Did you ever fix your glaze problems?

    Love the railings too but don't know where they are. Only villages/towns I know are Moretonhampstead and Bovey, but I don't recognise them from there (not that that's saying much.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. works looking great Margaret...no idea but love the gate detail :))

    ReplyDelete