Monday 25 January 2016

Where are we now?

 We are now relocated to Wales. We eventually got into our new home before Christmas and some how I naively thought we would have the house all complete and the pottery done before Christmas. The reality has been completely different. Although we have had a massive amount of work done the builders have barely started on the pottery. They have put in new windows at the front and laid a new floor so there is some progress but no possibility of starting work yet! Although it has been both frustrating and dissappointing at times I think it will turn out to be a good move long term.
We are about half an hour from the coast which I really enjoy and there is plenty of beautiful country side all around us.


 We are about half an hour from Cardiff Bay. Just look at all that terra-cotta in this wonderful brick work.

Inside the house has been less than picturesque as we've had walls taken out and ceilings insulated and re-plastered. I think I can keep an army of painters and decorators busy not to mention plumbers, electricians and builders.
This is the view from the kitchen window so perhaps I should add gardeners to the list of people I need!

 I have started gardening as you can see from this little strip of ground I've dug and planted with some bulbs but it feels like a drop in the ocean. So as you can see no pottery at the moment. I am very much looking forward to getting back to work and trying not to get stressed about it. At least I can draw and keep working on ideas.


1 comment:

  1. Hi Margaret. Wow! What a big move. I have found myself back in the blogging world and it's good to get over here and see what you are up to. Quite a lot!! Congrats on the move. It looks like you are in a beautiful place. I'm sure it's a bit overwhelming but I hope as time passes things will settle out some. I've scrolled down through some older posts and enjoyed seeing the pots you made before the move. Take care. I'll be back often. Best, Ron

    ReplyDelete