Tuesday 24 March 2009

out and about

Here are some of this weeks pots out of the kiln over the week-end. I have cautiously started to use the green glaze. I had wanted to glaze the inside of the pot cream but hadn't thought it through because of course I couldn't easily do that on a colander!! Today and yesterday I have been mixing glaze and loading another glaze firing. I finished decorating the big bowls in the Kent clay so I am waiting to get some through a glaze firing. They biscuit fired OK.

This lake is an old disused sand pit. It's about five minutes walk away from our house and is really attractive. There is always something to see-birds, plants rabbits. Every time I go for a walk there I wonder why I don't go more often. Mark had some leave to use up last week so we had a few walks. I am going to set myself the task of getting out for a walk more often. If I go right around the lake the whole walk only takes me half an hour. (There is a much bigger lake a little further over and that takes an hour to walk). I wonder if I need a dog to get me out?

3 comments:

  1. Someone suggested I should get a dog. Not so sure.

    Nice colanders too - I don't know why, but I was surprised to see they had handles - essential really.

    Looking forward to seeing the kent clay bowls.

    Ho hum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice collander, love that green; so nice you have a lake so close by to walk around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Margaret.
    Not sure if you've put it in a post that I've missed iin the past but I'd love to know why you make slip ware. What was it that did it for you?
    h

    ReplyDelete