Monday 13 December 2010

In the studio today

I've had this old cupboard for years. Until now it's always held the 'potions' like oxides, lustre and essences. But I decided to repaint it and put a display into it. Some of the work I want to revisit and try to take further. I'm having a bit of a clean up so that I can start working on the next batch of pots.



Here are some bowls that I've tried some different approaches on. I'm not too sure that I like the background. I've grown so used to the cream slip that the blue doesn't really work for me. I may try using the bird drawings again on a cream background. I had also thought of using some gold lustre on them but that may be just adding too much to the cost of producing them.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Margaret, I think the blue looks nice in those bowls. It's not too strong and doesn't take away from the images. Anyway, just thought I'd give my 2 cents. I've been wanting to add a bit of color. I'm sure I won't like what I come up with, it's hard to introduce something new. Hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your lettering - the font is really effective. Is it stamped onto the clay?

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful cupboard of curiosities (or something like that)!...lovely. I like this time of your when we take stock, hibernate and start thinking about the coming new year. Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Margaret! I love love your pottery and would love to know if there was a way of buying some! I am a senior at Maine College of Art and work with animals and drawings within in my work as well and would love to have a chat with you about your work! My email address is tweber@meca.edu- Love to here from you!

    ReplyDelete