Friday 2 September 2011

Back to work


It seems ages since I last posted a blog. At first I felt quite concerned that I just didn't seem to have time to write a post. Mark had time off as did the boys. We went to the Gower to camp then onto Carmarthen and then spent some time camping near St. David's.
I decided that I needed to think of life in 'seasons' and this was a family time. After all 'to everything there is a season. A time for every purpose under heaven.'
Now gradually my routine is being re-established and I am getting back to the pottery.
Just to convince you I've included a picture of me in the studio today. I am currently working on some bowls that are inspired by Cypriot pottery. They are my favourite shapes. The one above is from the V and A collections.
Tomorrow I have work in an exhibition opening at the Mc.Gill Duncan Gallery in Castle Douglas.
The exhibition looks really interesting you can read about it here. Unfortunately I can't be there as we will be celebrating my eldest sons 21st birthday with him and his friends from uni.


1 comment:

  1. I love that Cypriot sgrafitto - there's a great web site full of it, but I can't remember the address, I have it at the workshop, I'll send it to you when I get back there. Family time is so important, I've been doing the same too, I like the seasons idea. I've had a great summer of family time which has affected my potting/blogging too, but you can't buy back time. I hope the show goes well for you

    ReplyDelete