Thursday 29 May 2014

Out of my system

 Working within the slipware tradition I am aware of the beautiful harvest jugs from North Devon. I thought I might do my own take on them. I enjoyed doing them and I feel that I've got it out of my system now.
Although it was interesting to make them I don't think I'll be doing any more.
I'm not even sure what I can do with these now but it was somehow pleasing to get the feel of how they were decorated with all that scratching away.






 I feel much more comfortable with my usual way of working and decorating.

 Above are some of the bowls I have made recently. The bowls below are the most recent and I've tried to simplify them and introduce more colour. I've only completed a few of these so far but I'm looking forward to playing about with this idea a bit more. I didn't want to do too many of these until I had some through the glaze firing but when I finish the back log of things in the damp cupboard I will return to them.


No comments:

Post a Comment