Tuesday 20 September 2016



I've been recording some of the images I use on my pots. Decorating my pots is very important to me and I can't think about making pots without thinking of the images I am going to sgraffito onto them.
I have found the two books above very interesting as they illustrate how a number of makers use drawings to inform their work.
Last Friday I went to see an exhibition called Drawing Inspirations at Crafts in the Bay, Cardiff. It was an inspirational view into how makers used their drawing practice to inform their work. You can follow the link to see some images of the exhibition. The exhibition was curated by Alex McErlain who has done some beautiful collaborative work with Alice Kettle. I was particularly interested to see the drawings behind the ceramics of Richard Heeley.
Just as an aside I did get to the exhibition via A&E as Mark had somehow broken a toe coming down a tree! Needless to say he didn't make it to the exhibition and is now limping around.

No comments:

Post a Comment