Friday 8 May 2009

This week....

This week has been a very short week as it was a bank holiday on Monday and I was teaching in a local school on Wednesday. The teaching was great fun as the children really enjoy a whole day of pottery. The little figure above was a sort of clay doodle. I should not have been messing about as I've got far too much work to do but sometimes it's so nice to play with the clay.
Wet , newly slipped bowls. I threw 5 of these. They are all over 12 inches in diameter. I've had a commission for a bowl for a wedding so while I was throwing I thought I may as well do a few.
Waiting for glaze.
These jugs are a shape I've come up with for my students to try as I think they are probably an easy shape for them to aim for with a wide bottom and not too much curve, the weight is distributed evenly. But I quite like the simplicity of them so I may try to develop them. There are so many ideas I want to work on at the moment and there are so many enjoyable things to do in life it's difficult to fit it all in and to prioritize!! Never mind there is always tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. these jugs are lovely...sort of timeless...I can just see them filled with flowers..beautiful..

    ReplyDelete