Friday 4 April 2008

This week's pots

This is my notice board - if you look closely you can see my invitation to the private view of Doug's show at the Harlequin Gallery next week. I'm looking forward to that.
I took this bowl out of the kiln this week and thought I would share it with you as I showed it earlier as I was working on it.

These two jugs came out of the same firing. I am not sure if I like this shape as much as the jug below. The one below is the last left from a batch I made before Christmas and I think I prefer the taller freer shape where I have left some of the throwing lines. I like to have some of the brown clay showing through the slip even if it is just in small breaks. I haven't got to grips with taking photos yet but it gives some idea of the work out of this week's firing. Infact, because I teach some classes from my studio, I am firing my kiln 3 times a week at the moment.

2 comments:

  1. That's a very very nice bowl. And I agree about having the body showing through the slip - I don't quite know what it is about it, but I like it when the slip breaks a bit.

    Enjoy Doug's show - if Friday was anything to go by you're in for a treat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pots look lovely Margaret. It's a treat when a bit of body shows through the slip and gives those peachy hues isn't it? It's one of those things that you have to get just right though isn't it or brown pots are the outcome.

    Your display at the nursery looks great too.

    I'm looking forward to seeing you on Sunday - and thanks Andrew.

    ReplyDelete