Monday 22 December 2008

Pottery books

Our local library is very small and has very restricted opening hours. It doesn't have even one pottery book on it's shelves. However, it offers a brilliant service in that for £3 it will get any book you may want. They are quite used to getting pottery books for me. This latest book was specially bought for me to borrow by Hampshire. When it came the local librarian seemed very dissappointed and was quick to inform me that she could send it back as it didn't have any colour pictures.
When she flicked through the pages I could hardly get it off her quick enough when I saw these illustrations.
These illustrations are facinating as you get to see exactly what the pot is 'doing'. How thick the walls are, where the walls change direction, how the foot is constructed. Wonderful!

4 comments:

  1. Lovely book. I have quite a lot of those archeological survey books and use them a lot for all the reasons you mentioned. It's much easier to get an idea of the line of the form from the drawings. It's almost like having a catalogue. That one looks like a cracker.

    Best wishes to you nad yours for a wonderful Christmas Margaret.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i thought that Mr Fitch would be round at your house to steal taht book when he saw those pictures.
    Best wishes for Christmas Margaret.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a wonderful Christmas all of you - and yes, I'll be sneaking in for that book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a great idea. I'm gonna have to scour our library and see what I can find.

    michele d.

    ReplyDelete