Thursday, 29 January 2009
Here are a few of the pots out of the kiln this morning. I thought I should post some thing in case you thought I had taken a holiday! The first of the bowls with a horse theme came out. I like the shape and the writing around the outside but now I need to do my homework on the images I use. It takes me a while to work out what images to use even if they are very simple. I've thrown 8 or 9 bowls the same shape and some jugs and my drawing needs to stay ahead of the throwing really perhaps I will have some drawing time over the week-end.
I am now downing my paint brush and stepping away from this exercise! I may reconsider if I find any different feathers. At first I could hardly find one or two feathers but all that changed when I came across a dead pheasant that had been hit on the road. I now have plenty of pheasant feathers but very little else. If you remember I had set myself the task of recording all the feathers I found.