Tuesday 3 November 2009

Half-term break



Here are some pots from the last firing. I really enjoyed making the caseroles. They provide a good vertical surface to work on. I like having writing on the pots but I couldn't think what to put on the jugs - milk seemed a bit obvious!

We did a quick dash to Wales at the end of half-term. There was an exhibition at Oriel Myrddin in Carmarthen by Edwina Bridgeman. It was a fun, inventive and whimsical orchard. It was created from charity shop finds. Made me want to scour charity shops and create my own world.
Unfortunately my photographs don't do the work justice.

It was great to get the boys away from their computers and games into the fresh air. I told them we were going to visit a castle (Castle Carreg Cennen) but when they saw it they said 'that's just a heap of stones!' The veiws were wonderful and it was a warm autumn day with glowing colours.
Had to finish early today to get the car after it's MOT. I haven't had the bill yet but I need it for Art in Clay at Farnham in a few weeks.

1 comment:

  1. The pots look lovely as always Margaret. I wish I could come spend a day with you and learn how to use all those colors.

    ReplyDelete