Found a hedgehog in the shed a few days ago but he was camera shy. I left a bowl of water and a bowl of chicken out for him but the next day he had gone.
Last Monday I threw quite a few jugs and some other pots. Tuesday I added pouring lips and handles. I leave them overnight in newspaper so the water levels in them evens out, if I don't do that the pouring lips can give way!! Wednesday I slipped the insides and then left them to dry back so that I could slip the outside on Thursday. Of course whilst all this is going on I am working on other pots but nevertheless it is a very slow process. Above is both sides of the first one to be completed. I have plenty of ideas for things I want to make and a pile of sketch books with ideas but I seem to be very slow making progress.
Today I got a glaze firing on that will be ready to open on Thursday morning. There are mostly bowls for some things I've got coming up in several weeks.
An Unexpected Break - This summer was not the one I had anticipated it to be, I had been hoping to take a few days off but instead I had a long and unexpected break, and not ...
1 month ago